Monday 25 February 2013

RDO

Today is the first of my two days off followed by seven days in a row in a last ditch attempt to make some extra $$$$ before I take off overseas for three weeks. I normally love RDOs but today has been busy. I have so many last minute tasks to get out of the way so I've been organising foreign currency and  travel insurance, informing my bank that I'll be out of the country so they don't cancel my cards on me, doing shopping for bits and pieces and washing all the clothes I need to pack.

Now all that's left to do is actually pack everything, get a hair cut, and get through seven shifts in a row at work. I don't think I'll be getting any sympathy from my co workers with regards to my seven in a row given what comes after!

Two of my favourite colleagues will have left by the time I come back from overseas. One is having a baby and the other has given up trying to juggle two jobs and full time university, something had to give. I will miss both of them terribly. They are by far the best ladies to work with (given that my other favourite is still at school so I only get to work with her once a week or so). It will be a different place when I come back to the one I'm leaving, but such is the nature of hospitality, someone is always coming or going.

I'm off to drink some wine and browse the interwebs about all the things I want to do while I'm away.

'Til next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment