Thursday 21 February 2013

INeedABreakItis...

Everybody who works with the public knows that there are always tell tale signs when you need a break. It starts with a slightly more nauseous than normal feeling in your stomach when the alarm goes off and you know you have to go work again. Then, the little things your co workers do (or don't do) that usually only slightly irritate you, begin to cause you more stress than is warranted. Finally, you start  to develop a stronger than usual dislike of customers and even the most insignificant of requests begin to feel like more trouble than they are worth.

I have been planning a trip overseas for a couple of months and now that my departure date is creeping ever closer, I am finding it harder to maintain my cool. All the symptoms of INeedABreakItis are rearing their ugly heads and I just want to get through the next 2 weeks as quickly as possible without stabbing someone with a fork.

It has been 2 years since I last had a significant break so I feel like I really deserve a proper holiday. I just have to avoid getting fired or ending up in prison for 2 more weeks......wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment